I have psoriasis.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that results in flaky, scaly red patches of skin. There is no medically approved cure for psoriasis, only medical products that help to control or calm down the symptoms.
It is itchy. It is painful. And it is embarrassing.
It's not the worst case of psoriasis anyone has ever seen, but I think I speak for all people who have psoriasis that it doesn't matter how bad someone else thinks your psoriasis is. It matters how bad you, the individual who has it, thinks it is.
And in my opinion, I'm sick of my psoriasis. It's like a deadbeat boyfriend clinging on for dear life and I want it gone yesterday.
So I guess I should give a little back story...
My name is Lydia. I am 23 and I have had psoriasis since I was in my early teens. So at least 10 years.
I've tried the shampoos. T-Gel, Denerex, ect. They all start out working great and then my skin just gets used to it and bam, its useless.
I have been to dermatologists - they look at my skin for two minutes and then send me out with a prescription. I've tried various creams and none of them seem to work for very long. They all have side effects like thinning of the skin among other things. When I complained to my GP she mentioned maybe trying some kind of oral medication. I've looked into the side effects for those and for the injections and I don't really want to go through that.
So that's what's brought me to this. I am trying to find a natural way to calm, sooth and maybe even rid myself of psoriasis for good.
I believe the answer lies in proper diet. Not Canada Food Guide "proper diet", but proper diet for psoriasis sufferers. Why do I believe this? Because a few years ago I was suddenly eating only celery, carrots and a banana a day and my skin suddenly cleared. It was like magic.
I know that eating like that constantly would not be healthy, which is why my skin has lapsed back into turmoil.
Yet, I cannot shake the feeling that diet is the answer.
So here I begin. I have recently purchased a book written by the late Dr. John Pagano specifically focused on trying to heal psoriasis from the inside out. I am going to follow the guidelines laid out in it and document my journey. I am also going to try other things, other products and remedies to try to ease the irritation along the way.
All of the products I review I will link to at the bottom of the posts. I will also detail my diet daily and how I feel following this diet plan.
So let's get started!
[Side note: I'm still figuring out the linking to Amazon thing...But its late, I'll mess with it tomorrow]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have your own experiences to share? I would love to hear them!
Think I have got a fact mixed up? Correct me! I am trying to find out the truth.