So on Wednesday I went for an appointment for a colon irrigation or a high colonic as Pagano calls it. I'm going to give you a look into my experience so you know what to expect!
First off the lady who was helping me was so very kind and friendly! I actually adored her. She was amazing. Her name was Kim and she said she was 50 but she looked no older than like 35. I was shocked!
I read online that I shouldn't eat beforehand so I went in on an empty stomach aside from a glass or two of water I drank before. (I figured maybe I could flush both sides out! Okay no, I'm just thirsty when I wake up) And I'm glad I read that because the first thing she did was rub a wonderful warm stone on my tummy. Seriously, I want one for home. I'd spend all day whirling it around my abdomen. Especially on these cold days!
There are two hoses, both connected to one applicator. One is thin and opaque and that's the hose the water goes in with, the other is thick and clear so you can see what's coming out.
The insertion was a weird experience. I've never had anything go up my butt to my knowledge so the best I can relate to you to say how it felt would be to say it was like having a reverse poop. Once it was in it was fine though. Then the water began it and it was again, a strange experience. You feel it, but you don't really at the same time.
Then she pinched the hose and then you can definitely feel it. All of a sudden you feel your bowels fill with water and you suddenly feel like you might have diarrhea. This is normal. Also cramps are normal. Actually they want you to feel cramps, it means your colon is squeezing, and you want it to squeeze.
So began a process of her pinching the tube and releasing it and we talked throughout it. It actually wasn't an awkward experience at all, Kim seemed really comfortable with her job and she joked with me a lot. I explained that I'd lived with a lifetime of constipation and it pretty well showed in my stubborn colon refusing to give up the stuff.
Until it did. Holy crap (pun totally intended) the shit that came out of me!
And then at the end she told me to go to the bathroom and take my time.
Take my time?
What could possibly be left in there after an hour of flushing my colon out with a gallon or more of water?
The answer: a lot more shit.
I was amazed at the amount of crap that came out of me AFTER the cleansing. Oh they also had this neat contraption called a "squatty potty" there and it was actually super helpful! I'm actually pretty excited about moving in with my dad and toddler brother who uses a stool for all is bathroom needs - I'm going to start to too!
When it was all said and done we talked about natural healing and what to do to improve results. She was so helpful! They also have a food sensitivity test that I'm planning on taking, but she advised that I have a few more cleansing appointments first to be sure of my results. So I'm planning to start going monthly until I'm all healed up.
Oh! And don't forget to take probiotics! Lots of them!
We also talked about food combining so I'm going to copy out the chart and post it up later.
Also tomorrow marks the day of my food tracking on this blog! Whoo!
If you have any other questions about my experience or want to share some of your own leave some comments below!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have your own experiences to share? I would love to hear them!
Think I have got a fact mixed up? Correct me! I am trying to find out the truth.